Leaves are beginning to change colors and football season is underway, meaning fall is officially here! If you’re ready to fill your garden and home with the scents and color of the season, Leck’s Greenhouse is your one-stop shop for everything that autumn has to offer.
Here are a few ideas to get your seasonal gardening started and all are available at Leck’s Greenhouses, your favorite local garden store in Bucks County. Feel free to stop by and learn more about the best plants to grow for fall!
- Fall plants. Contrary to popular belief, fall isn’t a season of dead gardens! Plants such as ornamental cabbage and kale can fill up your garden thanks to their hearty nature. You can even grow flowers in fall as winter pansies provide a burst of color that looks exceptional against the backdrop of orange and red leaves. You can buy a variety of fall garden plants in Bucks County and start getting to work today!
- Fall grasses. Flowers aren’t the only types of plants that can add a pop of color to your yard or garden this season! Leck’s Greenhouse has a number of ornamental grasses available for easy planting. Grasses like Red Rooster grass, Purple Fountain grass, and Millet grasses all grow easily in the cooler fall temperatures and will look beautiful against the backdrop of your home.
- Ornamental fall décor. Are you looking for natural autumn decorations for your home and garden that fit in with the season? Leck’s Greenhouses also has pumpkins and cornstalks available to get your property properly decorated for the fall season.
If you wish to purchase any of these products for your property, contact our friendly team at Leck’s Greenhouses today. You can reach us by calling 215-664-8648 or filling out a contact form on our website.
The temperature is starting to drop, children are back to school and the leaves are beginning to change colors; fall is officially here! At Leck’s Greenhouses, we’re proud to be your number one source for fall gardening this season, and we’ve got a ton of beautiful flowers in stock that will look gorgeous in any homeowner’s yard.
If you’re searching for the perfect home accents this autumn, look no further than Leck’s Greenhouses. Here are just a few of the many fall season plants we have available right now:
- Mums. Notoriously hardy and easy to care for, mums are an excellent beginner fall flower. Offering a number of beautiful and vibrant colors, these flowers are the perfect way to embrace the season, even for beginner gardeners. Be sure to plant your mums in well-draining soil, and leave about 6 to 12 inches in between each plant to prevent root overcrowding. If the garden in full and you just want to add a splash of fall color by placing mums on your doorstep or patio is a great way to show your excitement for the all fall season. Then, just make sure to water regularly, and before you know it, you’ll have gorgeous buds of purple and orange blooming right before your eyes.
- Winter pansies. When it comes to color variety, it’s hard to beat winter pansies. These buds burst open into blooming shades of blue, yellow, orange and white during a notoriously quiet color season. Winter pansies have been known to flower into winter even with a little snow cover. Fall truly is the best time to plant these beauties because they will live through the worst winter months and give you a great start to early spring as they begin to really flourish and flower.
- Intenz Celosia. Largely considered to be one of the most beautiful fall flowers, intenz celosia produces a bundle of vibrant purple-pink floral cones when in full bloom, and is a sight to behold when gathered in groups! This is also one flower that’s ideal for hanging planters and containers, as the plants require well-drained soil to flourish, so if you’ve been looking to put an old planter to use, consider these beautiful buds!
- Ornamental Cabbage and Kale. A sturdy and unique addition to your fall and winter garden, kale and cabbage have been known to look gorgeous going into the months of January and February. They are a cool loving plant and the colder the weather gets the more the brilliant pink, purple and white stand out. There are several varieties of each kale and cabbage, so you are sure to find one that catches your eye.
Want to learn more about these plants or find out how to keep your property looking great year-round? Contact our experts at Leck’s Greenhouses today!
Here at Leck’s Greenhouses, we want to make sure that you have beautiful flowers that will last. View the infographic below to see what plants are best during the summer.
For more information about the products sold here at Leck’s Greenhouses, call us at 215-664-8648.